Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Interpretation is a mission-based communication process that forges emotional and intellectual connections between the interests of the audience and the meanings inherent in the resource.
Inspiring leadership and excellence to advance heritage interpretation as a profession.
NAI is the recognized voice of interpretation.
- Provide opportunities for professional development of individual members.
- Strengthen and support academic programs.
- Provide opportunities for growth of the profession.
- Develop multiple communication strategies to keep members informed about the organization’s operations.
- Preserve the history of the organization.
- Improve existing programs, products, and services.
- Provide a meaningful structural framework for operation of regions, sections, and chapters.
- Encourage cultural and professional diversity among membership.
- Improve brand identity of organization.
- Promote financial stability through fundraising and thoughtful fiscal management and oversight.
- Encourage ongoing board training and development opportunities.
- Promote leadership development and opportunities.
- Use integrated planning approach for strategic planning to address specific issues, long-range planning, and annual business planning.
- We believe that interpretation is important in accomplishing the missions of our members’ organizations.
- We believe that professional development builds stronger organizations and more capable professionals.
- We value the biodiversity and cultural diversity of the planet.
- We connect people with their cultural and natural heritage to promote stewardship of resources.
- We believe that interpretation is a mission-based communication process that forges emotional and intellectual connections between the interests of the audience and the meanings inherent in the resource.
- We believe in responsible business management that supports healthy environmental practices to the greatest extent possible in all aspects of NAI operations.