Renewing our spirit, sharing our journeys
The National Association for Interpretation and Interpretation Network New Zealand invite you to join us in Aotearoa/New Zealand—the Land of the Long White Cloud—in April 2016 for NAI’s 10th Annual International Conference.
Taking place in Wellington, “the coolest little capital in the world,” the conference will provide the opportunity to experience some of New Zealand’s best culture, cuisine, and creativity. Take part in a gathering of the greatest minds, ideas, and innovation in interpretation as we seek to share with each other the knowledge and spirit of interpretation.
The Wellington area will provide conference attendees with the opportunity to learn about the indigenous people of New Zealand. Learn about Maori culture and ways of knowing while visiting and hearing about successes in interpretation in both traditional and tourism experiences.
Possible offsite sessions include:
- Explore, learn about, and taste some incredible wines in Martinborough—one of New Zealand’s premier wine-growing areas
- Visit and experience Te Papa Tongarewa, “Our Place,” the world-renowned and award winning Museum of New Zealand
- Learn about the art of film making and life-like exhibitry at Weta Studios—home to Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit
- See Zealandia, Wellington’s successful “land island” native bird sanctuary and interpretive experience with the opportunity to see several endangered species
- Ride a bike and experience the interpretation on the Rimutaka Incline Rail Trail
Aerial photo by Rob Suisted