NAI National Conference
Are you innovative, creative, and passionate about interpretation? Do you want to experience the National Conference from behind the scenes and influence the conference overall?
Then you should apply to be on the planning committee for next year!
We envision a committee that is representative of the interpretive community at large. We encourage all ages, all abilities, members of the BIPOC communities and all types of interpreters to apply! For most positions, no prior event or conference experience is necessary, although it is a plus if you have attended any large scale conference as an attendee. Also, Please note: in-person attendance during the duration of the conference is required.
Planning Committee Chairs shall be selected based on the following criteria:
- Creative with a passion to try new ideas
- Exhibits meaningful understanding of, and action-based ideas for JEDAI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility and Inclusion) practices
- Enthusiastic team member who is comfortable working with a remote-based planning team
- Demonstrates support from their employer for work release time, as needed
- Committed to attending all (or most) of all planning meetings, as well as committed to attending the conference in-person
*all conference committee chairs and team members must be NAI members for the duration of their committee tenure.
All positions listed below work at the sole discretion of the NAI Events Manager.