Water Connects Us All
Chincoteague Bay Field Station, Virginia
March 8-10, 2023
Welcome NAI Chesapeake Region 2 invites all interpreters to the beautiful Chincoteague Bay Field Station on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Come connect, learn and network on Wallops Island. Our theme, “Water Connects Us All” is designed to help us share our natural and cultural resources through a universal of water that is needed for all life past and present.
A great venue and generous workshop sponsor, the Chincoteague Bay Field Station provides a wonderful setting, professional meeting spaces, and comfortable residential facilities.
Workshop Registration Fees
|Early Bird Registration, Register by February 3, 2023
|Single Day Registration
|Regular Registration, Register by February 17, 2023
|Single Day Registration
|Walk-in Registration (if space available ONLY)
Full registration with confirmed attendance will receive 24 hours of continuing education credit for NAI recertification.
CANCELLATIONS must be made in writing by email to email@example.com no later than February 17, 2023. There will be a non-refundable processing fee of $50. After that date, refunds will be given only by review of the regional leadership.
Venue and Lodging
Located on Wallops Island, VA on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, Chincoteague Bay Field Station has a rich preservation history and strong educational mission. The campus includes several dormitories, laboratory buildings, cafeteria and classroom buildings.
Located very close to the shore between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean expect cooler temps and breezy conditions. Most activities will be indoors but in different buildings. Pack and dress for the weather.
Please reserve lodging when registering. On-site lodging is suite-style dorm rooms in the Red Knott Residence Hall. Four bedrooms to a suite. Must bring OWN BEDDING, towels and toiletries. All suites have large shared bathroom.
Lodging will be $35 per person, per night, double occupancy or $45 per person, per night, single occupancy in a suite with a shared bathroom. Lodging is available Tuesday evening, March 7 through Thursday night, March 9.
Questions? Contact Workshop Chairs
Sammy Zambon firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne Johnson email@example.com - 703-887-8983
Meals included in Registration with noted exceptions.
Wednesday, March 8
Welcome and opening remarks and AM concurrent sessions and PM trip to NASA Wallops Island Facility and Visitor Center. See question below in registration for NASA Security Question.
On Wednesday afternoon we will be taking a guided driving tour of the Wallops Island facilities with an awesome photo stop. After the tour we will have time to explore the NASA Wallops Island Visitor Center before returning to the Field Station.
Dinner at Bill's Prime Seafood included in full registration fee, single day registrants can purchase guest ticket.
Below you will be asked to select from:
Fried Seafood Feast
- A bowl of clam chowder, fish, crab cake, shrimp, scallops, clam strips and oysters
- Broiled Seafood Feast
- A bowl of clam chowder, fish, crab imperial, shrimp, scallops, roasted clams and oysters
- Herb Roasted Prime Rib
- A hearty cut, dry rubbed with our house seasoning & slow roasted by our chef’s, served with au jus
- Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
- Topped with Boursin crème
- Pasta with Primavera
- Angel hair pasta topped with a zesty tomato sauce, sautéed vegetables & Parmesan
All entrees include fresh baked bread, garden salad, chefs potato & vegetable (served family style), and choice of coffee, tea or soda.
Thursday, March 9
AM and PM concurrent sessions, awards lunch, and after dinner live auction and social.
Friday, March 10
Offsite Field Trips
Call for Volunteers
If you are planning on attending the workshop, please also consider volunteering a little of your time to help make this a big splash experience. You can sing up to be a volunteer for any area that interests you when you register.
Workshop Volunteers needed as:
- Room Monitor
- Auction Helper (silent and live auctions)
- Special events set-up/clean up
- AV / Tech Support
Questions about Volunteering? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring
- Bedding!! Sheets and Blankets or sleeping bags
- Towels (Showers located in each suite) soap & shampoo
- Reusable water bottle and coffee mug
- Auction Items (see below)
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Warm clothes for evening outdoors (night hikes & campfires) – including hat and gloves and a warm jacket. Toss in a blanket too.
- All food will be provided. (we’ll carpool in to town. Location TBD)
- Notebook, camera, binoculars, telescope, id books
- Required ID for NASA trip (see question during registration)
Call for Auction Items
Spread the word about your great park or museum offerings while supporting the work of Chesapeake, Region 2 and our fundraising work for scholarships and regional support. We will be holding both a silent and live auction.
Great auction items are as unlimited as your creativity. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Programs or trips to your parks
- Wine or spirits
- Non-perishable food
- Gift Certificates to your park store
- Behind the scenes tours & programs
- Puzzles and games
- Books – Fiction, non-fiction, ID, How to etc
- Concert Tickets
- Restaurant Gift Certificates
- Friends Group memberships
- Plants or seeds
- Sporting event tickets
- Hand made items – what’s your craft?
- Interpretive supplies, games and tools
Questions about Auctions? Please contact Chris Kemmerer at: email@example.com